Memorial/All Souls Saturdays: The next three consecutive Saturdays are dedicated to the Commemoration of the Faithful Departed. The Divine Liturgy followed by the Panachida Service and the reading of the Hramoty will begin at 10:00 am.
Food For The Needy: The three pillars of Lenten repentance and conversion are prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. As we fast and abstain voluntarily during the Great Fast, let us remember those who involuntarily experience hunger regularly. Donations of nutritious, non- perishable food products and Giant Gift Cards help to bring comfort to our brothers and sisters in need. “Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or thirsty and give you something to drink? …. (Mt. 25: 37)
Thank you to everyone who assisted with our Forgiveness Sunday events: to those who assisted with set-up and food preparation, to those who brought such a beautiful array of foods and desserts, and to those who assisted with clean-up.
Divine Services during the Great Fast:
- The Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts will be celebrated each Wednesday evening at 7:30 PM during the Great Fast except for the Feast of the Annunciation (March 25th) when there will be Vespers and Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom.
- This year on Fridays at 12:00 noon there will be a Lenten Service with Holy Communion to accommodate our parishioners who may not be able to attend evening Services. This Service may vary during Lent, e.g., The Sixth Hour, The Office of Typika, Paraklesis, The Akathist Hymn to the Holy Mother of God, Moleben, etc. Please refer to the bulletin for the weekly schedule.
- Weekdays of the Great Fast – Monday through Friday – are aliturgical days, i.e., the Divine Liturgy is not celebrated except on the Feast of the Annunciation (March 25 ). The Divine Liturgy is celebrated regularly on Saturdays and Sundays during the Fast.
- Saturdays during the Great Fast are dedicated to specific themes:
- First Saturday of the Fast: Miracle of St. Theodore Tyro
- Second, Third, and Fourth Saturdays: Memory of all the Faithful Departed
- Fifth Saturday: Akathistos Saturday
- Sixth Saturday: Lazarus Saturday
- Attending the Divine Liturgy on Saturday mornings (10:00 AM) during the Great Fast provides an opportunity to attend an additional Service during Lent for those who may not be able to attend the evening Services.
- The Office of Matins is celebrated every Sunday morning throughout the year at 9:00 AM. Attending the morning prayer of the Church during the Great Fast provides yet another opportunity to devote additional time to prayer during the Great Fast.
Food for the Needy: The three pillars of Lenten repentance and conversion are prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. As we fast and abstain voluntarily during the Great Fast, let us remember those who involuntarily experience hunger regularly. Donations of nutritious, non-perishable … Continue reading